Monday, September 14, 2009

Latest Finds


My Sweetie surprised me with this knit top I had been eyeing the other day. I think it has great 1930s-40s styling (when it cools off I plan on pairing it with wide-leg trousers and a beret)--can you believe it came from Charlotte Russe?

I wore it to work today paired with a 1940s black wool pencil skirt (one of my many Matilda's Closet finds), black patent Twolips heels, and my 1950s faux leopard fur necklace and drop earrings set (a surprisingly inexpensive eBay score.) My hair is in my favorite double rolled style with a gardenia accent, and I am wearing my favorite Lip Ink Red.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely sweater and wow, Charlotte Russe?! I never go in there anymore, maybe I should start again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ms. B! The picture doesn't really do the vintage styling justice--it's super cute in person and was under $20!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Do you get stopped on the street often? I bet you do.

    Thanks doll,
    The Glamorous Housewife

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, doll! I do get stopped a lot (but I don't mind as I get to share my love for vintage with others), and even more so when my sweetie and I step out together, as he looks the part too. We get a lot of "Elvis and Marilyn!" comments :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, what a cute sweater! You're looking lovely. =]
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where can I get a sweetie like yours? :D

    Good eye!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks ladies!

    He is a real sweetie, that's for sure :-)

    By the way, I haven't forgotten about the pics, Laura! I need to print out the two you requested, and I haven't been able to make it to the shop to do so yet. I'll try to get them out this weekend, I promise!

    ReplyDelete