Sunday, September 13, 2009

Outfit of the Day

Today I had a rehearsal for the upcoming Tokyo Girls fashion show production, which is taking place on October 3. I spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing and ran a few errands in the evening with my Sweetie.


I wore a 1940s white and brown polka dot seersucker day dress with matching tie belt (Matilda's Closet), cream mesh and brown leather 40s heels (eBay), carved bone earrings and a hazelnut and celluloid 40s brooch (both found on eBay), and a pleated fabric 40s purse (another Matilda's find). I wore my hair in double rolls with the back rolled up as well, accented with a gardenia. Julie Hewett Femme Noir lipstick was the finishing touch!


I also got a snap of Thursday's outfit, though it's a tad blurry as my dear and not-too-camera-savvy mum took it ;-) I'm wearing a 1940s yellow dress with a black novelty print of clouds and a Japanese village, complete with pagoda buttons on the shoulders (eBay), a black patent skinny belt (Bebe), 1950s black leather babydoll heels (eBay again), and black celluloid and rhinestone "wagon wheel" earrings (a gift from a friend). My hair is in double rolls and I am wearing Lip Ink Red lipstick.

11 comments:

  1. Golly, you just keep looking more and more fabulous! I just adore that first dress.
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fantastically beautiful dresses! I adore them both, but especially like the first one - you look like nothing short of a (vintage) Hollywood starlet in it.

    Wishing you a gorgeous Monday and week ahead, sweetie!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shirtdress is my favorite cut, it is so ladylike and flattering on so many women! This is a lovely example!
    Marie@
    Lemondrop Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  4. divine! and I agree with Ms. B about those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, your DRESSSES!!!! I love them so!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning as usual darling. Love the dresses. I especially love you are wearing a belt from Bebe :P.

    Thanks doll,
    The Glamorous Housewife

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the kind words!

    The first dress is one of my favorites--I agree that shirtwaists are very flattering on many figure types!

    Yep, I shop at Bebe lol The belt actually goes with a 50s-style heart print halter top that I couldn't resist last year ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Amanda,
    So feminine and elegant! I love every outfit you create! The top picture hair is very beautiful as well.

    I also shop at Bebe - a lot of times they have wonderful retro-inspired tops. I have several of them and they always fit like a glove and usually made of nice fabrics :)
    Maria

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Maria! The top hairstyle is quite easy to create, and looks neat and glamorous to boot! It's a good one for rainy days or when your hair is misbehaving ;-)

    I've picked up several Bebe tops over the past couple seasons--they do have some nice retro designs, though they can be a bit expensive at times!

    ReplyDelete