Sunday, January 2, 2011

We Can Do It!


A few months ago I worked with Hardwood Pinups on this iconic Rosie the Riveter image--he was doing a series of Rosies and asked if I wanted to be one of the models. Of course I said yes, as the "We Can Do It" illustration is one of the most enduring images of WWII, and I had never done a shoot with this theme. And of course, Mr. Hardwood is a fantastic and fun photographer to work with, so I was more than happy to work with him again! Last week he sent me the finished image, and ironically, it turns out the woman who was the face of the original Rosie had just passed away. I am sharing this picture as a tribute to her and all of the other Rosies who served our country.

xoxo,
Amanda Lee

9 comments:

  1. beautiful image well done to all xxx

    How beautiful was the woman who inspired Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot! That's sad to hear she passed away.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks very beautiful. My friend told me she died and showed me an obituary from a website. poor thing. inspirational, she was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the comments on the image!
    I was sad to hear that she passed away too--I didn't even know that a real person was the face behind that poster. She was a beautiful lady, and she certainly inspired a lot of woman over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow beautifully done. You guys really pulled off the look of the original poster. Great tribute to Rosie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photo is great! I hadn't known there was a "real" Rosie either until seeing it in the news.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely wonderful. I've always been a huge Rosie fan and wanted to do this shoot. Out of anyone to nail it you did it perfectly. Thanks for doing such a great tribute.

    ReplyDelete